Mold is a nasty problem that puts the health of your home and your loved ones at risk.
If you suspect your home has a mold problem, read the following important tips:
- Do not disturb or attempt to remove anything if you suspect it is contaminated with mold.
- Many types of mold can be hazardous to your health and mold can spread into other areas of the property if not handled properly.
- Call a reputable disaster restoration company to begin emergency services. Bowerman Restoration will respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, call 1-844-BOWERMAN. We work directly with insurance companies, property adjusters and homeowners to ensure efficient restoration of your residential and commercial properties.
- Call your insurance company to submit a claim for damages. Be aware of the type of coverage you have, limits of your policy and the amount of your deductible. You will receive a claim number and in most cases, an adjuster will be sent to assess the damages.
- Prevention is the first line of defense against mold. Eliminate excess water and high humidity to prevent mold from growing.
- Repair any leaks from pipes or faulty windows.
- Inspect roof regularly, around chimneys, dormers, vent stacks and flashing. Many leaks begin in these areas.
- Inspect and clean gutters regularly to prevent water from pooling or dripping.
- Inspect bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms and any place where water can leak and cause mold growth.
- Install proper ventilation in any room where water is piped in (kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, basements)
- If condensation occurs inside any area of your property, it means that the humidity is too high. This can lead to mold growth.
- Proper air circulation in your home or business will aid in the prevention of mold growth.
- If your property was damaged by water, it should be treated by restoration specialists to prevent mold from growing
Signs of mold damage within a structure include:
- Visible presence of mold growth
- Offensive odors
- Increased allergic reactions within the home
- Recent water leaks, moisture problems, or high environmental humidity
If you have noticed any of these signs within your home, then Bowerman Cleaning & Restoration can help.
Contact us any time of day or night at 1-844-BOWERMAN. An independent mold inspection expert will visit your property as soon as possible to decide on the best course of action.
Certified in specific areas through the Institute of inspection cleaning and restoration certification (IICRC), Environmental education associates (EEA), United States Environmental protection agency (USEPA), and DRI-EAZ education.
Bowerman Cleaning & Restoration has been offering greener solutions to our customers for many years now. We offer 100% biodegradable, Non-Toxic products for an Eco-Friendly solution for your cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing needs.