Mold is a nasty problem that puts the health of your home and your loved ones at risk.
If you suspect your home has a mold problem, read the following important tips:
- Do not disturb or attempt to remove anything if you suspect it is contaminated with mold.
- Many types of mold can be hazardous to your health and mold can spread into other areas of the property if not handled properly.
- Call a reputable disaster restoration company to begin emergency services. Bowerman Restoration will respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, call 1-844-BOWERMAN. We work directly with insurance companies, property adjusters and homeowners to ensure efficient restoration of your residential and commercial properties.
- Call your insurance company to submit a claim for damages. Be aware of the type of coverage you have, limits of your policy and the amount of your deductible. You will receive a claim number and in most cases, an adjuster will be sent to assess the damages.
- Prevention is the first line of defense against mold. Eliminate excess water and high humidity to prevent mold from growing.
- Repair any leaks from pipes or faulty windows.
- Inspect roof regularly, around chimneys, dormers, vent stacks and flashing. Many leaks begin in these areas.
- Inspect and clean gutters regularly to prevent water from pooling or dripping.
- Inspect bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms and any place where water can leak and cause mold growth.
- Install proper ventilation in any room where water is piped in (kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, basements)
- If condensation occurs inside any area of your property, it means that the humidity is too high. This can lead to mold growth.
- Proper air circulation in your home or business will aid in the prevention of mold growth.
- If your property was damaged by water, it should be treated by restoration specialists to prevent mold from growing
Signs of mold damage within a structure include:
- Visible presence of mold growth
- Offensive odors
- Increased allergic reactions within the home
- Recent water leaks, moisture problems, or high environmental humidity
If you have noticed any of these signs within your home, then Bowerman Cleaning & Restoration can help.
Contact us any time of day or night at 1-844-BOWERMAN. An independent mold inspection expert will visit your property as soon as possible to decide on the best course of action.